About Repeat Prescriptions
If you are on regular medication and you do not need to see your doctor (except for annual review), you may be given a repeat prescription. This will allow you to order your medication at set intervals over a period of time, determined by your doctor.
How to Re-Order
To re-order your repeat prescription you can either:
- Order online using Vision Patient Services. It's easy to use and saves you and us time. Find out how to register for Patient Services. If you're already registered you can go straight to Vision Patient Services to login. Note there's "quick access" to "Sign in to Patient Services" at the top of every page on our website so you can access the service quickly next time.
- Email the practice with your repeat medication requirement. Simply email us at TAY.firstname.lastname@example.org listing your name, date of birth, and the name of the medication together with the strength and dose. Please note: this email should not be used to request appointments.
- Drop off your repeat prescription slip at the practice. Post it through the letterbox outside the door (the silver box to the left of the door)
We require at least 48 hours notice to produce a checked and signed repeat prescription. Due to demand on our phone lines we are unfortunately unable to accept telephoned requests.
WHERE CAN I COLLECT MY PRESCRIPTION?
You can have your prescription sent directly to one of the pharmacies in Monifieth, Broughty Ferry or Carnoustie to be fulfilled and your medications made up for collection. Please notify us if you wish this service to be set up and the admin team will take care of this.
Local pharmacies include:
- Alex S Troup, High St, Monifieth, Tel: 01382 532349
- Ashludie Pharmacy, Victoria St, Monifieth, Tel: 01382 537976
- Boots The Chemist, Brook Street, Broughty Ferry, Tel: 01382 477482
- Lloyds Pharmacy, Campfield Square, Broughty Ferry, Tel: 01382 779270
- Fergus Macfarlane, Arbroath Rd, Dundee, Tel: 01382 462151
- J & I McIntosh, Gray St, Broughty Ferry, Tel: 01382 480222
- R S McPherson, Gray St, Broughty Ferry, Tel: 01382 477423
- A J Ramsay, Ballindean Rd Douglas Dundee, Tel: 01382 508574
- Davidsons Chemist, Panmurefield Village Broughty Ferry, Tel: 01382 732300
You can also collect your prescription direct from the surgery and take it to any pharmacy of your choice. A list of pharmacies throughout Scotland is available in Scotland's Service Directory.
Please note: to reduce footfall to the practice during the COVID pandemic, prescriptions can only be collected from the practice between the hours of 11am - 12 noon AND 5pm - 6pm.
Chronic Medication Service & Serial Prescriptions
If you have a long-term condition you may be interested in the NHS Chronic Medication Service and a serial prescription. With serial prescriptions, you can get medicines directly from your pharmacist without the need to ask your doctor for a prescription.
Find out more about the Chronic Medication Service on the NHS Inform website or ask your community pharmacy.