When we are closed
If you are ill when Monifieth Medical Practice is closed and you can't wait until we open, you can call NHS24 on 111.
You should only phone 111 if you're too ill to wait until the practice re-opens.
REMEMBER... call 999 in a medical emergency - when someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk.
Alternatives to NHS24 & Your GP
Whatever your health concern, NHS online services are here to help. Find out the best course of action based on your symptoms with specially developed clinical self-help guides from NHS Inform.
Some hints and tips:
- Your community pharmacy can offer advice and treatment for minor illnesses - see NHS Pharmacy First Scotland. Please consider visiting a pharmacy before calling your GP or NHS24 as many ailments do not require you to see a doctor. Find out opening times of local pharmacies on Scotlands Service Directory.
- NHS Inform provides information on a wide range of health information and advice - access the service on the phone or online. Visit www.nhsinform.scot or call 0800 22 44 88.
- You can call your optician for free NHS eye-care. They will assess the problem and advise you if it is urgent and can refer directly to the hospital if the problem is more serious. Outwith opening hours, and if it's urgent, call NHS24 on 111. Please do not turn up to your local optician without an appointment. A list of local opticians is available in Scotlands Service Directory.
- You do not require a doctor's certificate (a fit note) for any illness lasting seven days or less. Your employer may however require you to complete a Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) form. Read more about taking sick leave on the gov.uk website.
- You do not require a doctor's certificate (a fit note) if you are in self isolation due to COVID. Isolation notes can be obtained from: https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/
NHS Tayside have produced this video will help you to decide where to get the right care in the right place at the right time in Tayside:
Find out more on the Right care right place website from NHS Inform.
Opening times & Surgery times
The practice is open from Monday to Friday between:
- 8am to 1pm
- 2pm to 6pm
We are closed between 1pm and 2pm to facilitate administration work.
Monday to Friday surgeries run from 8.30am to 13.00pm and from 14.30 to 5.40pm.
We participate in the public holiday closure timetable as agreed by NHS Tayside for General Practice.
Health Advice from NHS Inform
To complement the non-emergency NHS24 111 phone service, NHS Inform provide general health information, including advice on COVID-19, tests, treatments, illnesses, injuries, healthy living, support and health rights. You can phone NHS Inform on 0800 22 44 88 or use the webchat option on the NHS Inform website.
Monifieth Medical Practice is proud to have provided personal medical care to the majority of the residents of Monifieth, in Angus, Scotland, since the 1960s.
Our aim is to provide a range of high quality, patient-centric, primary health care services delivered by committed and well-trained staff.