In addition to general medical services the practice offers the following :
- Maternity care: Conducted by the Midwifery Service. You can self-refer your pregnancy online to NHS Tayside.
- Ear irrigation: Carried out by a specialist team of Allied Health Professionals. Self-referred appointments are made through King Cross Hospital on 01382 596965.
- Cervical smears: Once in receipt of a letter from the Health Board, please make an appointment with us.
- Minor surgery: Simple procedures (e.g. in growing toe nail) and steroid injection.
- Cryotherapy clinic: Verrucae, warts and certain other blemishes (currently suspended due to COVID).
- Family planning advice: Oral contraception, coil fitting and injection as agreed on individual basis with a GP.
We also offer the following health promotion services:
- Asthma clinic: Prevention, education and monitoring (currently all by telephone due to COVID).
- Baby clinic: Locality Health Visitor led.
- Child health surveillance: Health Visitor led with GP input.
- Diabetic clinic: Prevention, education and monitoring.
- Immunisations: Children & adult immunisations.
- Respiratory disease clinic: Non asthma-related breathing problems (currently all by telephone due to COVID).
To access or enquire about a service please telephone the practice.
Health Advice from NHS Inform
NHS Inform is Scotland's national health information service.
It aims to provide people in Scotland with accurate and relevant information to help them make informed decisions about their own health and the health of the people they care for.
If you have questions about your health, visit www.nhsinform.scot or call 0800 22 44 88.
They can provide general health information, including advice on tests, treatments, illnesses, injuries, healthy living, support and health rights.
Monifieth Medical Practice is proud to have provided personal medical care to the majority of the residents of Monifieth, in Angus, Scotland, since the 1960s.
Our aim is to provide a range of high quality, patient-centric, primary health care services delivered by committed and well-trained staff.