Consultations with a Doctor
We operate a mix of 10 and 15 minute GP appointments.
If you have a number of problems, or a complicated condition please ask for a double appointment, as this will help you, the doctors and all the patients with appointments after yours. For the same reasons we must ask you not to squeeze in two members of the family into one appointment.
Please note: an adult should always accompany children under 14 years of age.
Consultations with a Nurse Practitioner
The Practice has three Nurse Practitioners. They can make onward referrals and may provide appropriate treatment for their patients, including prescribing for most medications.
The Duty Doctor
During busy periods when all other GP appointments have been filled, if your call is of an urgent nature, you will be offered a call from our duty doctor. The duty doctor will call you in order to assess:
- Whether you need to be seen or if he/she can provide help and reassurance over the phone
- If the doctor feels you need to be seen that day, he/she can allocate you a Duty Doctor appointment
The duty doctor also deals with all urgent calls, including urgent house calls.
Clinics & Services
As well as consultations with our doctors and nurses, we offer various practice services and clinics. You can access these services by phoning the practice.
Our Nurse Practitioners
Why wait to see a Doctor when our Nurse Practitioner can prescribe for many common illnesses?
The list of illnesses our Nurse Practitioner can manage and prescribe includes:
- Skin conditions & infections
- Sprains, injuries & muscle strains
- Ear, nose & throat problems
- Indigestion, constipation & diarrhoea
- Respiratory problems (flu, asthma, chest problems)
- Urinary problems (male & female)
- Sexual health advice & contraception
- Feminine complaints & infections
- Eye infections
Please phone the practice to request a consultation: 01382 534301